Do you want best plant to serve as a hedge to your gareden? If you keep researching, then you have come across a word- Leylandii.
Leylandii is a very popular plant to use as a hedge. Read on to find why many people recommend and use leylandii trees as a hedge.
Leylandii is an evergreen tree best known for to its ability to grow faster in a great height. It can grow up to 3-4 feet in a one year and 15 meter in 16 years. To know more about Leylandii visit this site hedgingplants Basically three types of leylandii are available in the market:
1. Green leylandii- It is a hybrid of two conifers, Nootka and Monetrey. Its scientific name is x Cupressocyparis leylandii.
• Very fast hard and fast growing trees.
• These trees are 60-150 cm in height.
• Grows well in deep and well-drained soil and under full sun or partial shade.
• Ideal for reducing noise and screening.
2. Gold Leylandii: It is a hybrid of monetrey and Alaskan cypress. Its scientific name is x Cupressocyparis Castlewellan.
• Can be grown in any kind of soil condition.
• Average growth rate is 60-70 cm.
• Needs regular trimming for well growth.
3. Variegated Leylandii- Its Scientific name is Cupressocyparis leylandii 'Variegatus'.
• Grows fast when young with dense branching.
• Srows well in well-drained soil.
• Produces scale like dark green leaves.
• Should be trimmed 2-3 times during early spring until late summer.